CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Writer's Workshop:Creating



Jump over to Mama Kat's to read more of her prompts for today's writer's workshop.



Well I knew exactly what I would write about when I read the prompt "What do you love to create?" but then I read Mama Kat's post and I thought oh she will think I am copying her so I will take mine a step further.

She says she loves to create memories and that is also my answer. I am BIG on creating traditions from us going to the same beach every year, going to the same pumpkin patch since Wyatt was only a few months old, to all of our Christmas traditions (trust me there are tons). It is just I want to make great memories for our kids so that they can look back and say "Wow I had a great childhood" and then when they have kids they will continue to make family traditions to create those wonderful memories.

So I will add to mine so as not to look like a copy kat. My other big thing I love to create that will also allow me to always remember those wonderful fun times is Scrapbook pages. I love to dig deep for my creative side and make these wonderful pages.

Here are a few I have created.

Christmas 2003 the one on the right is Wyatt the one on the left is Shane 1978


Meeting his new baby sister

I always add journaling to the pages the poem reads:

"I have a new sister, they dress her in pink. I don't know where she came from, but she's staying I think.
Mommy and Daddy are now ours to share; they'll love us both and I know they'll be fare.
I'll kiss her and hug her with all my might; and I won't mind if she cries in the middle of the night.
I'll help with her diapers and with her bath too; she needs her big brother, she's so tiny and new.
I'm ready for the challenge; on me she can depend. I have a new sister, I have a new friend.

Fall 06


His fifth Bday


This is my new obsession-Digital Scrapbooking
Beach 08

Some from her 2yr pics






10 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish I could be that crerative...those pages are GREAT!!! I know what you mean...I love, love, love traditions...and I think its fun for the kids to carry them on...

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

gorgeous- I love the last two! Are these digital?

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, I love traditions too.
I love that your little guy and husband were wearing very similar pj's to cute..

I would love to start digital scapbooking. What program do you use?

AFRo said...

Girl. I swear you have the prettiest kids I've ever seen! [Besides my boys of course.]

Mama's Losin' It said...

How DARE you turn me on to digital scrapbooking!! I don't have time for this Joy...now stop it.

ps I venture to guess I'm not the only person in blog land who likes creating memories. I think it's a mom thing. :)

LOVE the scrapbooking!!

jenn3 said...

You have some great pages. I love scrapbooking, but don't ever find time for it. I haven't tried the digital scrapbooking, and wouldn't know where to start. I know nothing about it.

angie said...

What incredible layouts!

Sometimes Sophia said...

Abby is too beautiful!! and the pages you've made are truly lovely. What a great keepsake for your family!

We have our traditions too... like playing cards and doing Chinese take-out with our kids on New Year's Eve, visiting the same B&B every time we go to Lancaster County, Christmas midnight mass with our kids followed by meat and salmon pie at 2:00 AM. Fun stuff.

mommaof4wife2r said...

sooo much fun!!! i too love to scrap! i still have only done a few digi pages...i just love messing with the paper. maybe bc i'm an engineer and everything is so technology...anyway, ur pages are soooo cute and personal and capture the memory, which is exactlly why u scrap! great pages!

Tabi said...

I know you gave me your email address to talk about the tutu but I have no clue where that message is and I am too lazy to go in search for it!! So, I would love to talk to ya about the tutu's so would you mind emailing me on my blog or leaving me a message?!?!