CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Some fun in the back yard

What do you get when you combine firewood, marshmallows, hot dogs, a tent, an air mattress and all four of us? You get a fun night of "camping"


We had big plans to go away camping over the weekend, but then we really thought about it, about how "what if it gets to cold tonight", "what if little miss will not sleep in a tent?", etc. So we decided that maybe it would be better to do a dry run in the back yard, heck if it got that bad we could just go inside:)



We sat around the "camp" fire and cooked hot dogs, roasted marshmallows, and looked at all the stars in the sky. We even had wildlife when 2 mommas and 4 baby deer came out and hung out in the field beside our yard. It was a ton of fun and the kids loved it. We actually made it all night and only had to get up once for a potty trip that just happened to be outside the tent:) because lets face it had I walked her all the way back to the house at 3ish in the morning I was NOT walking back out to the tent to go back to sleep, my behind would have snuggled up in my nice warm and comfy bed!!








7 comments:

Just The Girl said...

Awesome - my kiddos did great too and we are already planning another one for later this month.

Tabi said...

Looks like fun!! We too camped outside the house at one point but I got too cold and we high tailed it too the house about 5 in the morning!! LOL...I am a weenie!

AFRo said...

That really is awesome. I want to try it, but I'm not so sure I could make it knowing that my comfty bed was only yards away.

Bad Mommy said...

You guys are like, the perfect American family. I hate you, in a nice way of course ;) j/k

I hate camping, my hair never looks right :)

Elizabeth said...

The pic of the kids peaking their heads out of the tent is so cute.

Kurt and Samantha said...

Looks like you had fun "camping" in the back yard, now you know that it will work. They are too cute in their tent.

Just The Girl said...

I tagged you - come see me :)