CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Writer's Workshop: A Memorable Holiday

So every Thursday Mama Kat has a little writing assignment for us to do, today I am late since we spent a little quality family time at the zoo. Wyatt is out for fall break this week and since the little girl I babysit was not going be here today or tomorrow Shane took both days off.

So this Thursday I am choosing to write about a memorable holiday. Christmas 1994 to be exact. It would turn out to be the Christmas that would forever change my life.

So I was 16 and decided to go to my aunts house that night to see my cousin who had flown in for Christmas from Cali. little did I know that this would be the night I would be meeting my future husband. He just happened to be there, he was friends with my cousin (not the one that lived in California). I found it weird that they were friends and we went to school together and had the same circle of friends but had never met.

We hit it off immediately he totally fell for me that night:) He had plans to meet up with my cousin the next day and they said I should also come. So I did and the rest is history.

We fell in love, got married 5 1/2 yrs later, had two beautiful kids and are still this many years later living happily ever after. All because of that special Christmas night way back in 1994!


5 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

Aw, what a great memory.. one I know you will forever cherish..

Michelle said...

Oh you are so lucky! The feeling that you have a soulmate and have found him so young in life must be heavenly! Congrats!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh that is so beautiful!

Legal Diva said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for visiting me, I enjoyed finding you. I especially enjoyed the tex mex recipe from the previous post. :)

Mama's Losin' It said...

Awww this is so sweet! Only natural that he fell head over heels in love...I mean come on, how could he resist??