CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!


So it is here! After today I have to change my profile because I am no longer an almost 30 sahm. BTW I just saw on GMA that it is also Emeril's bday:)

In my 30yrs I have done many things I am proud of and a few things I am not so proud of. When you are young you think of 30 and how old that seems, now I am 30 and no one better call me old!

So for my big day I thought I would take a trip back in time.

Here I am on the first big day of my life


a few months later


8 months old


Sitting on "Christmas Guy's" lap (this is what Abby has been calling him)


6yrs old pageant girl


A little older & still a pageant girl. Check out those long, skinny legs, what happened to them? Oh yea about 23yrs and 2 kids that is what happened!


I think I am in 5th or 6th grade-Check out the hair, it gets better!


7th grade pic-told ya the hair got better! Can you imagine how much hair spray was gone thru during these years?


My friend since 2nd grade. I think we were in 8th grade here


Same friend 9th grade Valentine's dance


Skip ahead to 1996. I was 17 and had just graduated high school. We had just gotten back from Senior Trip to Panama City, yes that is the hubs we met we I was a junior in high school.


And most recently-I know I had this one not long ago but I thought it was my best recent picture and I have no grey hairs showing!




19 comments:

Just The Girl said...

Happy Birthday Joy ~

Thanks for sharing the great photos. Hope you have a great weekend.

Tabi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your have an excellant day!! I love that picture of you at 8 months! Doesn't even look like a real picture more like a painting or something!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Joy! Welcome to the 30's!!!!!! They're really not bad at all! And thanks for including the pics! Love it!!!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! You have a beautiful family!

Lacey in the Sky said...

Happy Birthday Joy! I hope it's your sweetest yet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joy - you've joined the rest of us...you always have been the youngest but now that you're in your 30's that doesn't matter anymore...we're all OLD!!! Love the pics of us you blogged --- I'm so glad we've stayed friends all these years. We've come a LONG way since 2nd grade! LOVE YOU! Jamie

Amber said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great weekend!

Kurt and Samantha said...

Happy 30th! I have always heard that the "30's" will be some of the best years of your life. I don't know about that yet, b/c I am not 30! HAHAHA

Bad Mommy said...

YOU are cuter than crap ;) Seriously, loving the 90's bangs. Mine would never stand :(

Happy belated Birthday!!!

Heather and Jason said...

Welcome to your 30's! I also have grey hair and am NOT happy about it! Im just glad I have Jason to pluck them out and a good colorist for the ones he misses!! Happy Bday!

Nik said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your 30's! They are so much fun!

Hula's Secret Blog said...

Happy Birthday!

Yaya said...

Happy Birthday!

Shannon said...

Happy birthday to you!!!


And thanks for my birthday greeting!

Tess said...

hi momma. i haven't seen you around the cafe lately. ive missed you so i came to check out your blog! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
-tess

Laurie said...

HOpe it was a great one Joy!!!I honestly feel better now then ever before...and it is just beginning. I hear that 40 is the new 30!!!

AFRo said...

Happy birthday honey. I loved the photos and I'm glad to see that you are aging very gracefully. Remember when we thought 30 was old? But you know it's the new 20 right?

Jen B. said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one!

Solei said...

Awwww, I missed your big 3-0 !!!

I love the picture post, it's great! I hope you had a great, wonderfully awesome birthday. And old? Pshhh, puh-leez! 30 is the new 20, haven't you heard??? After all, I have to keep telling myself that, since I'll be turning thirty in less than 2 years, lol.
And you look great girl!
=0D