CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 3, 2008

The last of the garden harvest

The last two night hubs has been working hard in the garden to get the last harvest of the season. Sweet Potatoes have been patiently waiting to be dug up. We were pleasantly surprised at how well they did considering we planted them last year and got I think 4 potatoes:)

So of course I had to grab the camera and get some shots of our big helpers and big potatoes!

Not sure about this face she is making, also forgive the bed head of hair she had just woke up from her nap.


Working hard to get it out of the ground


Daddy's big helper


Showing off two of the big boys and his cool guy hair!


PS if anyone has a medal detector they could send my way I would be your BFF seeing hubs is convinced that the garden is where his wedding ring is!!! Yep you heard me right I said wedding ring, fortunately or unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened so the whole "that is the ring I put on your finger the one the preacher prayed over during our wedding" thing is not bothering me, that happened about a year and a half into our marriage! Yep this was his 3rd ring in 8 1/2 years.


6 comments:

Solei said...

Seriously LOL @ hubs losing his 3rd wedding ring!!! I'm not laughing AT you, but WITH you. My hubby lost his wedding ring too, 3 years into the marriage. Being that he worked with electrical things, we've never replaced it for fear of him getting electrocuted!!! But if we did, no doubt he'd be on his 3rd of 4th too! Hope you find it!
=0D

Oh, and those are some BIG potatoes! And some absolutely adorable helpers, bedhead and all!

angie said...

Oh no. But those sweet potatoes. Makes up for the loss, right? Never mind. Of course not. he he.

mommaof4wife2r said...

cute pics...and i can't believe it's his 3rd ring! hubby drops his and loses it a few times, but he seems to put it out of the air! crazy boy!

Elizabeth said...

Those sweet potatoes look about as big as your kids. I have never seen sweet potatoes so big.
I am telling you since Shane likes ink have a ring tatooed on his finger. No worry about ever loosing it again.

Bad Mommy said...

I agree. This would be the one instance where tattooing the ring on a person's finger would be totally acceptable.

Kurt and Samantha said...

Those sweet potatoes are huge. That one is as big as Abby. I love them so I hope you cook something good with them. Tell Shane he needs to duck tape that ring to his finger or like Liz said have it tattoed on his finger. Good luck finding it or have fun buying a new one!