CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's whats for dinner III

The other day while grocery shopping I sampled this Apron's meal from Publix and I was sold on it. I only needed a couple things to make it so I wasn't suckered into it.

With it being Cinco De Mayo I thought this recipe would fit right in.

Yesterday of course my sous chef was Abby.

Here she is helping out with the corn salad:


It is simple:
Corn-I used frozen that I cut off the cob
one can of black beans, drained
diced up tomato
diced up onion
1T honey
1/2 cup Mojo liquid marinade

Mix it all together and set in fridge

Then onto the main course.
Brown ground beef it says to add some onion but I didn't. Add taco seasoning I also used more than 1T, add water and taco rice mix (I used Knorr), cover it and cook til the water is gone. Then put some chips on top, pour taco sauce over, then sprinkle it with cheese. I then threw it in the oven for a few minutes to warm the chips.

And tada this is what you get:

Yep there is an area with no cheese because my son who if it wasn't for him being a spitting image of his daddy I would think was switched at birth because get this he doesn't like cheese! WTH who doesn't like warm ooey, gooey melted cheese?

It was a hit with the family they all ate it right up Wyatt asked for seconds of the meat stuff not the corn salsa and Abby loved eating the salsa on chips. So this will be entered into our rotation of meals that my entire family will actually eat.

Want more dinner ideas?
Slow cooker Tex Mex Chicken
Slow cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

Yes we have a Mexican theme thing going on but hey I do what works!


2 comments:

McAngie said...

Now that looks yummy!

Kurt and Samantha said...

YUM--will have to try it!