CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

We are back, and no one fell out of the boat!

We got back late last night from our wonderful little getaway. We had a great time and the weather was nice and even though there were threats of rain it only ever sprinkled a bit.

We headed to Chattanooga early Saturday after dropping the kids and the dog, we weren't about to press our luck and ask Gram to keep the dog also, so he got dropped at a friends house.

We got checked into our really nice hotel.


and after checking out the room and deciding what to do, we headed down to the riverfront in search of some yummy food. We stopped here for some good outdoor dining.


Afterwards we walked around riverfront (I needed to walk off all the food I had just ate) and then we headed to a minor league baseball game.


We got back to the hotel pretty late and wanted some dessert, so we ordered up some room service and pigged out on Buttermilk Beignets with berries, Tennessee Chocolate Pecan Chunk Pie and since they were low on that they also gave us some Dark Chocolate Ganache Torte. Needless to say it was well worth the $$$$ it costs to order up some room service at 11pm!!

The next morning we headed down for some breakfast at their restaurant and walked away stuffed. We packed up our things and headed to the Ocoee river around 10am.

I was very nervous but very excited about the trip down the river. We arrived at Cherokee Rafting and got checked in and prepped by the guides.


Don't we look sexy?? :)

She told us some basics like what to do if you fall out of the boat (which was a major fear) and what would happen if you fell out and was unable to get back to your boat-basically she said they would see you at the end and hopefully maybe one of the other boats might pick you up. Yea she didn't help with my fear.

I ended up on a great boat, we were with the head guide and three other guys. So I felt pretty confident that had I fallen off one of them would have been able to rescue me, mainly my hubs who was given strick instructions by me not to let me fall in or else!

She had us SOAKED within 30 seconds and I had water up my nose most of the trip. It was SOOO much fun, even though the water was probably cold enough to cause hypothermia had you decided to go for a little swim. We have already talked about going again, mainly when it is hot and the COLD water feels much better to you.

The guide is in the back and that is Shane and I in front of her, the three other guys are in front of us.

Afterwards we headed back this way and stopped back in Chattanooga for some dinner. We had heard of a place to eat that was on the water and after some searching and a few phone calls we finally found The Boathouse Rotisserie and Raw Bar.

We had another great meal that included an awesome Mojito for me and some oysters, both of which made me long for our trip to the beach this summer even more.

All in all it was a great time, we have to take the time to do these little things more often. This is the first trip we have taken alone in years. The kids got spoiled up at Gram's house and I am pretty confident they didn't miss us one bit, even though they said they did I think they were just trying to save our feelings.



5 comments:

McAngie said...

You are one sexy hot Momma with that little hat on! LOL! So glad you guys had fun! and Mojitos, yumm!

Cristin said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad you made it out of the river in one piece!

Elizabeth said...

Girl that is exactly why I did not get in the boat the one and only time we went rafting. Because after watching a video about what to do if you fall out I was terrified. So glad you all had fun and were able to get away, it is so worth it! We are long overdue for a getaway.

Kurt and Samantha said...

I LOVE rafting!! Kurt and I have talked about it forever and ever. I am so glad that you two enjoyed yourselves and had great food. The next time you go check out Sticky Fingers-YUM!!

Jodee said...

That looked like so much fun! I have always wanted to go do that too:) Glad you got a nice overdue trip with no kiddos too!