CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spin Cycle: Can I have this dance?

So a couple of my favorite everyday reads jumped in on this fun little Spin Cycle that Sprite's Keeper is hosting. I have never gotten in on a spin cycle but this one was just to fun to pass up.

See I went to two proms both with the hubs-yep that's right we are high school sweethearts for those of you who have been living in a hole and didn't know that already. I was a junior he was a senior when we went in get this 1995! Yep I am not that old. Then we went to my senior Prom in 1996.

I can't remember the themes-Help me out here Liz I know you can!

Both years it was a big group of friends. We had 5 couples (i think), I am still friends with most of them and actually the little girls I babysit are the daughters of one of the guys. One year it was at Opryland Hotel and the next it was at the convention center in downtown. Can't remember where we ate but I know it was someplace that was pretty pricey especially the second time when Shane was a college student and only had a part time job.

**ETA**
so my good friend who was with me at both proms reminded me that our senior year theme was Wonderful Tonight. Also one of the years I think our senior we ate at this fancy steak house called Ruth Cris and one of the guys ordered a grilled cheese, remember this Jam? I had totally forgotten

Neither year was there a limo, see we were what they called hicks in high school:) Shane drove his truck both years. I remember the first year I had to step on a milk crate and hike my dress up to get in the Ford Ranger! The next year it was a Pathfinder with big ol tires cause yes that is how we rolled!! There were no tux pants and ugly used shoes in their place were black jeans and black boots.

1995



I sold this dress to a friend and she wore it the next year

1996


I still have this dress I could maybe get it over my knees but that is about it!

I don't think either year I had a curfew, most of us were out together til late in the night. I also seem to remember a trip to waffle house the next morning for breakfast. We used to find ourselves at the awful waffle on a regular basis.

It was alot of fun digging thru all the old pics to find the ones I wanted. Looking back on those pics made me realize cameras really sucked back then. There were lots of fuzzy, dark pictures and lots of cut off heads. I also love that Shane and I look back at all our fun, no responsibilities times together and laugh and also be scared in the fact that someday we will also be the parents of teenagers!OMG



20 comments:

Cristin said...

Love the pics! So cute that you went with hubby... I've been seeing a lot of that as I check out these prom posts...

Elizabeth said...

I am cracking up right now!!!!!! Good grief, you guys look like babies and that seems like 20 years ago. Ok, our senior year was Wonderful Tonight and their senior year was....I cant remember. I do remember our sophmore year, their junior was Power of Love. I remember our junior year eating at some steak place off of 2nd Ave, because Mike ordered a grilled cheese and then I cannot remember our senior year. I just remember eating snacks at my parents. I am gonna have to look these answers up!

blissfully caffeinated said...

Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing and I'll make sure to add your link on Friday!

jenn said...

You guys were so cute!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Great pictures! I graduated in 94, so I'm just ahead of you there.
Two proms with the same guy is quite the achievement in high school! And then to marry him? You're in an enviable group there! You're linked and welcome to the Spin Cycle! On Friday, Blissfully Caffeinated and Stiletto MOm are rounding up all the prom pics on their site. Make sure you're linked!

Laufa said...

Wow, we do have similar Prom stories. You looked great for both Proms. Class Of '96 Rulz!

Bad Mommy said...

Digging the side ponytail there Joy. ;)

Kurt and Samantha said...

Oh, trips down memory lane! I love to see how the styles change each year for the prom.

Jodee said...

Yep- I had to dig thru mine last week- we did a special here at the hospital and everyone brought in there pictures and it was soooo fun to look at those people from the mid 80's and even early 90's...of course 96 we all looked normal! shoot we are still in style! I will have to go look at the links...i love to look at how old people looked when they were young!!!!!!!!!

gigidiaz said...

Ha! I love it! Fellow spinner here and my favorite thing about your pictures isn't how glowingly young and beautiful you look, or how well you and your partner look together, or how many nice memories it brings to see that your picture background is so similar to my own... it's the bun to the side! I LOOOOOVE IT! I remember when buns, pony tails and any other "do" was super cool to do to the side! Kudos!

Thanks for sharing!

for a different kind of girl said...

Hopped over from Blissfully Caffeinated to see all the prom posts going on out there. I still have my prom dresses, but they don't look nearly as stylish as those that came out in the 90s!

DiPaola Momma said...

Oh the side pony... maaan they should bring that one back cuz EVERYBODY looks great in it. I love that you went with hubby.. incert sappy sigh here.

Jenni said...

the side ponytail is KILLING me!

Prefers Her Fantasy Life said...

Great photos! Those were the days before After Proms and I think we all went out for breakfast--some of us more intoxicated than others.

The Stiletto Mom said...

Wait....is that....a side ponytail I'm seeing in one of the pictures???

You are the third or fourth person I've read today who married their high school sweetheart...so adorable!

Also, nothing says hick like those lights on top of the truck...I know this bc that is EXACTLY the type of truck all my friends had. :)

Linking you now...thanks for playing along!

Angel said...

Wow you just described my guy friends at prom! we never had a limo either, although I desperately wanted one. We had pick up trucks, and one of my friends brought his date on his motorcycle, which would have been great but she ripped her dress and had a melt down so I had to pretend to be his date.

Casey said...

You were beautiful at your proms! I had fun digging through my old pictures too and you're right, cameras were terrible back then.

Shell said...

Aw, these are CUTE!

My senior prom was in 95 and I think I remember some with that dress! LOL

Brittney said...

aww so sweet! I married my prom date too lol! The awful waffle... is it not the best for late night food! HAHAHAHA

Adoption of Jane said...

great pics!! and with hubby... too sweet!