CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Look who showed up last night

Everyone I would like for you to meet "Jingle"-I know it will be hard to look past the unbelievably adorable cuteness in those frames but he is the one hanging from the frame.


See Jingle is our Elf. He is our Elf on the shelf to be precise.


See he came to us last year to watch over the kiddos and report back to the big guy a.k.a Santa. He flies home every night and gives the low down on their behavior, then he comes back before they wake and is hiding in a new spot and they have to find him. Santa says he can't talk to you and you can't touch him or he may loose his powers. Go here to check it out. They sell them at the Barnes and Noble therefor we will be avoiding it if at all possible.

Here he is hanging out on the tree last year


and again on the blinds


He is a mischievous elf and likes to throw ornaments off the tree and last year he once was found hanging out in Wyatt's room where he had played with some toys. Wyatt however did not dig Jingle hanging out in his room so mommy had a talk with him and he stayed out from then on out. You got to admit he is a bit creepy looking!

But seriously this is SOOO much fun and the kids flipped when he was here this morning. Shane read the book to them tonight before bed & it is so cute. This is just one of our MANY Christmas time traditions, you will be hearing about more of them as the month goes on.



10 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

Must. Get. One.

Kurt and Samantha said...

I think this is so cute!! I can't wait to start this with Sarah.

Heather and Jason said...

You are such a fun mom! I love this idea.

Just The Girl said...

I am ordering one today! Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

He is creepy looking. I cant wait to start this.

jenn3 said...

He is kind of creepy. I might have to get one though...

And I love that frame (and of course the pictures in it are adorable).

Solei said...

That is SOOOO cute!!! And it sounds like so much fun & very magical for the kids! Although mine are probably too big for that.

Aww girl, you're such a sweet, cool mom!

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing about your traditions because I want to start some more family traditions of our own too! So hurry and share so I can copy off of you, okay???
=0D

Deb said...

this is a genius idea. i wonder if i could get away with it??? 12 & 15?? my 12 year old could actually be persuaded to "re-believe" but the 15 yo is a lost cause.

Heather said...

Hey Joy! Yes, I've joined the world of blog!! Yours is great!! And I LOVE that you do Elf on a Shelf!! My brother and sister-in-law want to do this with my nephew. He just turned 1 in October, so they think it would be best to start next year. :)

Amber said...

If you know anyone that wants one of these, we see them too (at Merle Norman)!!! Brock and Bailee's elf's name is Jolly and we love him to!! What a super fun thing to do!! Hope all is well with you guys!!