CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Writer's Workshop: High School

2.) Are you still friends with you high school friends? Describe them

I actually have more than one friend from high school that I am still friends with. One I just happen to live with. I am sure all of you know that Shane and I are high school sweethearts and met way back when I was 16 and a junior in high school. I am thinking this counts as still being friends with someone from high school.

My Senior Prom 1996


But just in case he does not count as a "friend" I will include more examples. Liz and I met in 9th grade and were pretty good friends, although she was much more well behaved than me back then so it took a little while for us to become bff. We did some things outside of school together but it was mostly a school friendship and we chatted during classes.



Fast forward to 11th grade and me meeting Shane; see his best friend in high school just happened to be her boyfriend (no this is not even how we met in was just a coincidence). We began hanging out together all the time and going on "double dates". I quickly corrupted her and helped bring her over to the bad side :) We were pretty much inseparable during high school. When our men graduated HS and went off to college together we cried on each others shoulders (you would have thought it was the end of the world). Over the years there were many FUN and care free times together with no real responsibilities in life other than who was gonna have the next party and party we did. I actually found lots of fun pics but decided it may be best not post them on the world wide web!




Then in 2000 when I got married real life started to smack us in the face head on. There were real bills to be paid and real jobs to go to.

We have shared all of the most important days in our lives together, she was my maid of honor and I was her matron of honor.




I had Wyatt in 2002 and it was so fun and easy for she and I to run around with this cute little baby, now 4 kids later it's not so easy. She was there just moments after Wyatt was born, and when I got pregnant both time she was the first one to hear about it. The second time around was great since she became pregnant just weeks later with her first.


(just to clarify this is her baby shower and I was HUGE and Abby was born less than a week later)

Here is when I look a little less huge at her baby shower for #2


So yep we are still very close friends and talk on the phone pretty much every day. But unfortunately we are guilty of letting life get in the way. Back then it was so much easier.

Oh and that other girl that is in all the pics, yep we are still friends also but she doesn't really count for the assignment since I met her WAY back in 2nd grade :)

**ETA**
So you know how I mentioned that guy she was dating when hubs and I met, the one that played a big part of her and I becoming so close? Well they did not stay together, she went on to marry a wonderful guy and he met and married a really nice girl they had a baby and that is the little girl I babysit! Yep we have come along way since high school.

For more:

10 comments:

Melissa said...

That is great that you have such a special friend....and yes, I do think your husband counts as a "friend" too....you have to like him to love him, right??

Serenity said...

Your husband counts as a friend from HS, at least I would count that. Great post! :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet,what great memories and a wonderful friendship.

Amy S.

Jen said...

I married my high school sweet hart too. We met when I was 17 and he was 21. yeah that was hard for the parent to swallow.
Anyway, I am glad that you have such great friends.

Heather said...

I love this!! I think that is so wonderful that you all stayed so close and shared so many life events. And how many people get to marry their high school sweetheart??

Solei said...

He most definitely counts!!!

And thinking about it, then I'm like Jen. I was 17 and hubby 21 when we got married... so I guess that makes him my high school sweetheart, even though he was waaaaaaaay out of high school, lol!
=0D

Elizabeth said...

Aw, that makes me want to cry. Those are all such special memories. Even though life gets hectic I am so glad we have remained such good friends!

jenn3 said...

Such great memories. I don't have any friends from high school, but then I only went to the school I graduated from my senior year. I made friends of course, but not close enough to keep in touch.

Love the photos.

Kurt and Samantha said...

Friends through it all!! What great memories.

Bad Mommy said...

Um, yeah. I don't ever see anyone from HS.

And hubby counts!!! :)