CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wordful Wednesday-The Thumb

I thought I would take a chance on this post, a chance that I may regret what I am about to type, a chance that I will totally jinx myself by talking about it.

See we have been on a mission here, a mission that when I began I had no idea it would be so long. I didn't even realize it had been so long until I looked up the original post of me talking about it (make sure you click on that and read the post it is very sweet and makes me want to cry a little when I look at the pictures of her so small). See it was nearly 7mths in the making. There have been lots of promises made and lots of bribes offered. But it took one little trip to the dentist for it to sink in. Wow had I known that is all it would take I would have gone 6mths ago. But we are coming thru with one of the promises and daddy is buying her the Tinker Bell movie today as her reward.

Reward for what you might ask? This is what


Anyone notice anything? Well if you know her you will notice there is NOOOO thumb in her mouth. See since April it has been a battle, a battle that I was gonna win no matter what, and we have been winning by not allowing her to suck her thumb anytime we were around, but at night that was another story. I would tell her "no thumb" but sure enough I would go in there and she would have it in.

I have not had to tell her one time to take it out of her mouth during the daytime since Thursday, see that is when the magical dentist appointment was. When I say "no thumb" at nap or bed time she says "cause the dentist said so". WTH she will listen to a complete stranger but not mommy?

Whatever I am just happy it is done.


If you want to see more WW posts:



11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Bless her little heart. She is such a big girl now. :-(

Just The Girl said...

Awwww, what a cutie with her "no thumb".

Kurt and Samantha said...

She is such a big girl!! We are so proud of her.

Denise said...

Congrats on the no thumb sucking!!! yyayyayayay

jenn3 said...

Awww! I think I'll be a little bit sad when Shiloh has to stop sucking her thumb.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

awesome!!

Susie said...

It's so hard to give up their self-soothers. So sweet:-)

angie said...

Such exciting news. She looks so angelic sleeping!

Joyce said...

What a smart little girl to listen to the dentist. That's precocious, I tell ya. :)

Solei said...

Yay!!!! you won the battle!
Now maybe all you have to do is change your name to dentist... lol.
=0D

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Aww so sweet.

My daughter is 4 1/2 and we cannot break her of the thumb. She gets soooooo angry when we try to get her to give it up. I heard about getting a finger puppet to put on her thumb. I don't know if that would do or not. Congrats at the achievement.