CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Another pumpkin patch trip

Yesterday being the awesome mom that I am I went with Wyatt's class on their field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. I was not the same one we had gone to as a family but a much cooler bigger one.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, which was a surprise since all week the high had been about 50 but yesterday it was sunny and 70something.

He was happy he got to ride the bus since I am a freak that refuses to put her 6yr old on the bus. Even if a majority of my day is devoted to driving him to school and sitting in car rider line in the afternoon to pick him up, but I can't bring myself to do it, 8th graders ride his bus and I do NOT want him learning things from 8th graders.


We took a hay ride as soon as we got there. He he is wearing MY sunglasses (it was so sunny he said)


We then got let out in the "patch" to pick our pumpkins. Trust me after the money it cost for us to go on that field trip we were picking the biggest ones we could find!




They had huge hay bails to climb on. He he is being "King of the World"


He did NOT want to sit to take this pic with me.


They also had a big hay maze in the barn and from what I was told (because I wouldn't get on my hands and crawl thru it) it was pitch black in it and I am SOOO surprised he went thru it, he did tell me it was a bit scary.

He finished with a little face painting thanks to a friend's grandmother who paid the $1 because I was cheap and told him no.


Notice he is wearing his tie dyed shirt, this was the real purpose of the shirts they all wore them on the field trip, and just to clarify I didn't do the entire class just about 12 of them, another mom did the others. Oh I also made my "boo" shirt :) it was easy though, just one of those iron on things.


2 comments:

Kurt and Samantha said...

What a fun Mom you are! It looks like you had a good time and I love both of the shirts.

jenn3 said...

Looks like so much fun! The pumpkin patch we went to didn't have much, but we still enjoyed it.

I hope when Shiloh's in school that I'll be able to go on many field trips with her also. (Mostly because I don't trust other people with my kid.) And I'm with you on the bus thing. I don't plan on letting Shiloh ride the bus either.