CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye is never easy

It’s official the crackdown has begun. Her beloved thumb will be leaving the comfort zone! Since it has been such an important part of the last 2 years 3 months 1 week I thought it only fit I write a little something.

Dear thumb:
You came into our lives so tiny and small
To help our little girl get thru it all.
You’ve comforted, soothed, and been a best friend
But now my dear thumb it is time for the END!

When I let you into our lives I never knew you would be so hard to get rid of, but I am ready for the battle. So no more thumb in the car, no more thumb while sitting in daddy’s lap watching tv, no more thumb while sleeping (well we may have to make an exception for this one), NO MORE! It is time to be a big girl and get that stinky, dirty thing out of your mouth.

So for those of you who plan of visiting our house any time in the close future, you have been warned. Be ready for the whining, screaming, and possible tantrum throwing. This little princess may not be so princess worthy.

RIP
Left Thumb
January 2006-April 2008








7 comments:

Denise said...

RIP little left thumb!!!!!! Good luck to ya on this hurdle!!!! I'm still JUST THINKING about getting Jonah to get rid of the paci. Not ready for the battle yet myself!! Wait, how do you get rid of the thumb?????????????????

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with her. I sucked my thumb until I was 4 or 5!

Lisa

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious!! How do you plan to accomplish this? That adorable little girl and her thumb may win this one. :-) Good luck

Kurt and Samantha said...

Love the Poat! Good luck with this!

Life, Love & Lola said...

Adios Left Thumb! Good Luck!

Ashley said...

Joy...I had no idea your kids were so freaking cute!! WOW! A-dor-able.

As a lifelong thumb sucker, and someone who even gets caught STILL doing it in her sleep...I have no advice.

Good luck.

Kathy said...

Hey, just popped in via Ashley and she's right. You're kids are really cute. Oh, to have a blond in the family...

My little guy is almost 10 months old and I'm still in the thankful stage of the thumb. I know who to turn to when he hits three though.

I love the progressive pictures of her with he thumb. Priceless.