CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 10, 2009

How did you spend your Friday?

Hope it was better than mine.

We spent over 2 hrs without electricity, and alot of those hrs I sat in a bedroom closet with a 4mth old, 2yr old, 3 yr old and 6yr old-it was great really. I listened as hard as I could over the noise of 4 kids in a closet to the little Spider Man radio I had. The entire time fearing for us, knowing the tornadoes were being shown on TV (the radio was broadcasting a local station) and were WAY to close to my house for comfort.

This is what I was hearing not seeing on TV. This area is just a few miles from my house


This is becoming to often of an occurrence here it was almost 3yrs ago to the day that I was huddled in my closet with my 3mth old and 3yr old, that day we did suffer damage to our house today we were lucky but so many were not.

So tonight hug your kids and say a prayer or what ever it is you do for all those in my city that have lost everything today in the storms. A mother and her 9wk old infant are the only 2 confirmed dead but many more were injured.

Hubs is out right now being the wonderful man that he is and helping do cleanup, he left with his chainsaw as soon as he got home from work. I have talked with most everyone I know in the areas hit and everyone is OK.

**ETA**

So today I got out for baseball and a birthday party, seeing some of the devastation that was close to our house is terrible. Shane helped at two different locations last night cutting trees, neither of those areas had been mentioned on the news. I am not sure of the confirmed number but there were multiple touchdowns. They have rated it as an EF3 with some areas EF4 which is just unheard of here. The devastation stretched 23 miles. Over 500 homes suffered damage Thankfully no more people were found dead and only about 40 or so people were injured which in a town our size is amazing.



7 comments:

jenn said...

Glad you guys are okay. There was one touch down and another siting in our area, but I don't think anything was destroyed here (that I know of). My grandmother was in Walmart and they locked everyone in.

I went to your area yesterday evening to do some shopping and saw how many places were without power. The Avenue was closed. I didn't know that it had been so bad until I got there. My brother lives out there and one of the areas where a tornado touched down was only about two streets from him.

This is one thing I really don't like about TN. We never had tornadoes in WA.

Bad Mommy said...

Saw this on CNN this morning and thought of you. :( So glad you're okay, I hate tornadoes....

tessnco said...

oh sweet friend, i'm glad you're safe. what an amazing husband you have. :o)
be well.

JamYoung said...

Glad you are safe! I panicked a little when I heard it flattened a house in Blackman. If you hadn't answered when I called you, I may have completely stroked! You need a storm cellar - you seem to have a BIG RED Bullseye on your house! Love YOU!!!! Jamie

Elizabeth said...

Girl we are so blessed to have our homes and each other. Glad you all are safe.

McAngie said...

I am so glad I was out of state when all of this happened. I had to get out today and found myself being detoured around the damage. Thankfully my hubby and home were ok, no damage. But just a few streets over is bad.

Glad you guys are ok!

Mama Kat said...

Oh my goodness!! Thank God you guys are ok...and what a HORRIBLE way to spend any period of time. I'm glad things shaped up a little for the weekend!