CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

When your a Princess you get to celebrate over and over again

After last night Abby's birthday week is officially over. On Wednesday afternoon she and I went to a cute little girly salon to get her hair cut and braided and then get her nails painted. She just loved the pampering. I told her we will go back when the weather is warmer and she and I will get pedicures, they have little girl chairs beside mommy sized pedicure chairs they are SO cute.



Then we came home and she helped me make homemade pizza for her birthday dinner. After dinner she was excited to finally get to open some presents and blow out her candles on her cake that Wyatt had picked out for her with daddy. She got a cute "a" shirt, an art smock, and a "cake oven" aka Easy Bake Oven. Yes we have already made us some cakes in the easy bake oven and they actually tasted pretty well.



On Saturday we had a party with her friends at the movie theater. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and then ate cake and open presents afterwards.

She requested a Strawberry Shortcake cake. I was excited about that because I had also had a Strawberry shortcake party when I turned 3. I just think it is great how certain toys from my childhood are still around and are favorites of little kids today.

I was a bit crazy and decided I would take on the making of this cake. I studied cake pictures for weeks and came up with this little gem:

I mean how cute is that? I was quite proud that I was able to pull it off. Although Shane did have to step in and help out with the icing of the cake cause I was having some issues. The cakes were super yummy tasting thanks to Duncan Hines:) I did however make homemade buttercream icing though-which is SUPER easy to make and is SO worth it. I had two great helpers on Friday making the cakes and icing. Abby and the little girl I watch were especially good at licking the beaters:)

Yesterday afternoon my dad, my MIL and my step MIL came over to bring the princess her gifts.


Wow was that a week of fun for her. I still can't believe she is 4, although she reminds us daily of her age and new found abilities afterall she is 4 now and needs little help from me!

4 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Happy Birthday Abby!

Looks like so much fun :)

Elizabeth said...

Her grin crackes me up. She looks alot like her Daddy when she grins like that. Love her little braid.
You do realize what this birthday means? That next year is 5 and kindergarden!!!! OMG!

Kurt and Samantha said...

She did have a big week, with lots of fun! Girl, you rocked that cake---adorable!

Heather and Jason said...

I love the cake! Why is it that husbands have to help with the icing? Jason is the same way.