CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finally-Our trip to Gatlinburg

Last week was Wyatt's spring break from school so we headed east to the mountains. Shane and I have been there MANY times over the years and just happens to be the place that we got engaged WAY back in '99. We took the kids last year for spring break and they had a blast so we decided to go again.

We got there Sunday and headed straight for the water park. We had found an indoor one and decided to try it out.


The kids had a blast, Wyatt loved the big water slide and even though the heater was broken on it and the water was FREEZING he went down about 15 times along with daddy cause mommy only made it down the FREEZING water slide once. Abby and I enjoyed hanging out in the warm water.

The kids also loved the smaller slides in the kiddie area


The art of placing your children to hide yourself in a bathing suit.


We stayed for a few hours and all was great til Abby bumped her head and it was time to wrap it up and head back to the hotel.


We played putt putt and let me tell ya my girl may have a future in putt putt cause the girl play.


They rode go carts and other fun rides


We saw bears spooning

OK so they weren't in the wild-those bears are still in their winter slumber and haven't decided to come out to play yet.

We had a great time and were lucky to have nice weather, we even had a picnic while in Cades Cove.


and we ate lots and lots of junk food



This just happens to be marshmallows on a stick then dipped in chocolate!

We stopped at the Knoxville Zoo on the way home since we could get in for free with our local zoo membership. We saw lions, tigers and bears OH MY-sorry I couldn't resist. There were also lots of other good animals and the kids really enjoyed it and it was nice to break the drive home up.


This Gorilla was so awesome looking


But this had to be my most favorite animal of all

he was just so awesome and wise looking he also really seemed to like Abby and just stared at her-I am not sure if he just likes pretty little girls or if he was thinking he could easily eat her as a small meal:)

And then there was this little guy,

OMG I could have just wrapped him up and brought him home he was so dang cute!

All in all it was a fun trip and was fun to spend some QT with my family and mainly it got us out of town for a change in scenery. I am over the cold weather and being locked up inside all day and am ready to move on to nice warm sunny days that include baseball and trips to the beach!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun times! You crack me up with your "art in hiding yourself in a bathingsuit" pics. Your brave to even put one on this time of year!

Kurt and Samantha said...

So glad that all had some good family fun!! Great memories!!

Natalie said...

Love Gatlinburg! I miss being close enough to go whenever we wanted..
And I love how you positioned yourself behind the kids.. Great idea!

Smoochiefrog said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Gotta love vacas like that. :)

jenn said...

Looks like fun. Hopefully I can take Shiloh there someday.

I realized a few days ago that I haven't been on vacation since December 2005! (I'm not counting weekends to visit my sister in GA, because it's not really a vacation in my opinion.)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

We loved Gatlinburg...

I can't wait to go back!

tessnco said...

ooooh how fun! i can't wait to take a family trip.

Jodee said...

That water park looked FUN! I love that Knoxville Zoo too- MUCH better than that place they call a Zoo in Nashville. Glad you got to get away and so something fun on Spring Break!!!

Laurie said...

Hey Joy! Thursday is the day we will be there! So look for me, that is great his class is going. Marcus' Special Ed class is going too. This is the first year he has been allowed to participate as they have to be 8 yrs old. Keep in touch and look for me and I will look for you, I have no idea what to expect with people. Keep in touch!

Mama Kat said...

Boy you guys HAVE been busy!! Looks like fun though!