CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to my little man

Even before Shane and I married we knew we wanted kids. So soon after getting married we decided we were ready, unfortunately someone bigger had another plan for us. Many months of trying and waiting went by before we decided maybe it just wasn't the right time. I quit my job and took a new one closer to home & told my new boss kids where not in the definite near future. Little did we know!

Skip ahead about a month. One evening after work I take a test and we both freak out when it comes back positive. OMG what am I gonna do I just took a new job, I don't have any insurance OMG I thought we had put this on the back burner for later! I call a friend kinda freak out to her but at the same time I am SO excited I can hardly contain myself. I then proceed to take 2 more, which are also obviously positive.

My pregnancy was off to a great start til about 8wks when the terrible not morning but all day sickness began. Smells made me gag and god forbid I get hungry. I continued to work the boss shook off the shock of having a brand new pregnant employee and thankfully we got that whole me with no insurance thing worked out!

The first time we heard the heartbeat was the most amazing sound I had ever heard. On March 2 we got to see him for the first time. OMG talk about realization that you are about to be parents. But it was so great and of course we got to find out what we were having.

I sailed right through the last half and on July 11th went in for my normal check up. He was due 4 days later & I left hoping I didn't make it that long. Sure enough that next morning at 2am I woke up to some pains, eventually I woke Shane & told him I thought I was in labor. We make it to the hospital and hrs later the MOST amazing little guy is born. I can't describe the feeling when I heard his cry for the first time.

WOW how the next years FLY by. I can't believe this all happened 6 yrs ago. Over these last years so many thing have happened. He became one of the best big brothers ever, started to play sports, started school and has grown into a little man.

I thank God all the time for blessing me with 2 wonderful healthy children and can not wait to see what the future holds for this little guy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

"Before you were conceived
I wanted you
Before you were born
I loved you
Before you were here for an hour
I would die for you
This is the miracle of life."

Make sure to turn up your volume

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what great memories! I cannot believe it has been 6 years. I will never forget the day you called me with the news. Samantha probaly wont either because I was at her house studying.
You know from the moment I first met him I have loved him like he was my own. He is so special to me. Give him a great big birthday hug and kiss from his Aunt Liz.

Kurt and Samantha said...

I love looking back at all the pictures and memories. I do remember you calling Liz with the news. I can still remember making your diaper cake and the first time I met him at our apartment in Nashville. I cannot believe how time flies and that he is 6. I loved seeing how he has changed over the years, but nonetheless remaining to look like Shane. Happy Birthday Wyatt!

Grammy said...

Oh my goodness 6 years old---WOW!! He has always been so special to us and I am so thankful for the times we have shared with you.

Love you,
Amy and Craig

Cindy said...

You have adorable kids girl! I loved watching the video & seeing him grow! I hope y'all have fun at the beach!

Cindy (Liz's friend)