CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another pie soon to follow

So tonight we went back over to the tree line and picked even more blackberries, the kids really like to try to find the ripe ones hidden deep in the not ripe ones:)

We have gotten so many and there are still tons to get. So I will be making another pie on Saturday with these (well not all of them there is alot in this bowl)



So here is the Yummy recipe I used for the blueberries the other day and I may try it with these.

Creamy Blueberry Pie
3 c fresh berries
pie shell
1 c sugar (I think I used a tiny bit less)
1/3 c flour
1/8 t salt
2 eggs beaten
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c flour
1/4 c real butter

place pie shell in 9 inch pie plate, place berries into shell. Mix together 1c sugar, 1/3 c flour & salt. Add eggs and sour cream stir till creamy. Spoon mixture over berries. In another bowl combine 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c flour and cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 350 for 50-55 min or until browned.

Hubs said this was the best pie he had tasted and that is alot coming from him. I usually get a "yea it's good" kinda response.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Joy.........YUM

Mama's Losin' It said...

Oh I'm so glad you feel my pain on the embarassing lock the kid in the car story. Ugh. Isn't that kind of stuff the worst. I think yours is definitely equally as horrible. Does your face turn bright red too??