CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wow I guess I have a little catching up to do

So Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had a great time with family, we were very excited that Shane's sister was able to come home this year. See she wasn't able to make it home for Shane's Nano's funeral because she had been hit by the piggy-YES that pig:) this was the first Thanksgiving she had been home in a while so it was fun.

On a little side note just after she had gotten over her little bought with piggy flu she accomplished a MAJOR task. She ran a marathon! That's right all 26.2 miles of it! I could never. But she did it and survived to speak of it.

I got out on Black Friday (with kids!) and braved the crowds; not a 2am or anything crazy like that. I waited til all the crazy people went home and back to bed. Got a few things but did alot of it online from the comfort of my chair.

Over the weekend it started to look alot like Christmas around here-More to come on that later.

Last night we met Pappy and Mindy for a little Predators hockey. I know most of you know how much we like hockey and really enjoy going to the games.



Then last night after going to bed look who showed up!!


Yep that's right Jingles made his annual journey from the North Pole to spend the month of December with our family. He will also help keep and eye on the kiddos for Santa and if the kids have been good the day before, he will leave them a little something the next morning. Every morning he will be hiding in a new place for them to find. Mostly up high to keep little fingers off him so he doesn't lose his magic!



6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love the idea of Jingles...I so need to remember that for next year!

Chiefmountaineer said...

WooHoo, I finally made Joy's blog! Unfortunately, the PREDS spoiled our family outing by getting "smacked down" by the Calgary Flames. On a side note, I am so proud of Wyatt for giving up the blue cotton candy and going with the "pink for Abigail". What a BIG brother!!!

Luv ya,
Pappy

Kurt and Samantha said...

I can't believe you braved the crowds with your 2 kids so much braver than me! You had a busy weekend, but sounded fun! Love Jingles, can't wait to start that tradition!

Elizabeth said...

Our Elf made his first appearance Sunday night and before I had even gotten out of bed on Monday morning he had already lost his magic because Carter touched him. And he was up high to!
He is making a reappearance in the morning. Love it!

Cristin said...

I've got to get me the Elf on the Shelf... threats of Santa are not enough to tame my little beasts.

Tiaras said...

YEAH! This is our first year with Elfie! So exciting - my woke up at 5:45 AM this morning to find him!