CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wordful Wednesday-Ghosts of Halloween Past

Since Halloween is this weekend Angie has made wordful Wednesday's prompt "ghosts of Halloween past".

I LOVE going thru old pics and looking at the cute costumes of years gone by. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I love picking out or making the cutest costume on the block. I have lost the battle with Wyatt but Abby is still mine:)

I wish I had older pics like Wyatt's first one, he was only a few months old and went as a Chili pepper! OMG he was so cute

2005: Wyatt couldn't make up his mind. At first it was a cowboy then he wanted to be a cop. So I had the PERFECT idea! Wyatt Earp!! he was both a cowboy and a sheriff. It couldn't have been better, especially since the only thing I had to buy for his costume was a sheriff badge and gun holster (which I am pretty sure I got at Publix)


2006: Abby's first one and the last time I think Wyatt let me dress him up. She had tons of hair and we always had it pulled up on the top of her head in a little Pebbles do. So of course that would be a perfect costume, I made her little outfit with some fleece I bought and her barrette was an actual dog chew bone glued onto a clip:) Wyatt who was a dinosaur (Dinno ya know the Flintstones pet) he didn't go for the Dinno thing very well but he was cool with just being a dinosaur.



2007: Yep I didn't get to pick out his costume this year! He was SO into Transformers and we were forced to let him buy one of those cheesy costumes. Abby went as a kitty

we even did a transformer pumpkin


2008: Once again no choice in the costume department for Wyatt. But Abby oh my it is SOO much fun having a little girl:)! Here are my Ninja and Princess witch


I made her tutu and then bought a great shirt and witch hat at Target, I just added a crown from the dollar bin and some more tulle.


This year Wyatt will be Boba Fett from Star Wars-yep another cheesy costume that he LOVES:) She will be Thumbelina, I can't wait!




8 comments:

Kurt and Samantha said...

all were very cute!

angie said...

so, so, so cute.........

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Too fun! My son would love the transformers get up. I have an Abby too. Loved her little dino outfit. Thumbelina will be adorable!

S Club Mama said...

I am digging the Pebbles costumes.

I am also cherishing the time I have to pick costumes before my older guy decides he wants to choose his own. :)

blueviolet said...

You've been through some fun costumes!

Elizabeth said...

You are on the ball this week!!
I so do not remember the transformer/kitty cat year. And wasnt Wyatt a lion one year? That purple dragon cracks me up! I remeber buying that with you.

Life with Kaishon said...

Thumbelina! I love that. What a great idea! Isn't it fun to watch them as they grow thru the years. Your costumes have been fab : )

Jodee said...

Oh my fav was the dino and pebbles! Cute! I dont get to pick Jakes out either- he is going as a cheesy star wars guy too!