CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

I got older, what did you do?

It is official I am now a 30something. So yep I am a year older but not much wiser.

Well Shane being the great hubs that he is had really planned it all out. Whatever, he had nothing planned. He came home from work on Friday afternoon gathered the kids and went on his normal last minute shopping trip. He is so thoughtful like that:)

I had told him about a month ago what I wanted, actually take that back I told him back in May what I wanted and didn't get for mother's day, so he could of had an idea since then. But being the man that he is he waited-WAITED til the night before to go get my gift that I wanted. A gift that has to be personalized. Sorta like this Necklace BTW that link is to her online store check it out. Or if you're close by they have an actual store-lots of cute stuff

He ran up to a friend's store to get it since I gave him instructions on even where to buy it:) He did really good and made up for his last minute trip by bringing some other things home, so as to not come home empty handed!


A cute coffee cup with my initial, because we all know how much I love my coffee and you can't go wrong with anything that involves it. Also a super cute frame that I plan on hanging in our bedroom. I think I am gonna use the pic over there --> of the kids from the beach.

When they got home he also told me that they had voted and planned on having my party that night even though it was a day early. I was so excited I even got to cook my own dinner at my party;) Abby has an obsession with birthday parties and everyone must have one. So they stopped at Publix and picked up a yummy cake.

sorry forgot to snap a pic before we cut into it:)

Saturday we had planned on going to the pumpkin patch but it was all kinds of yuck outside. Cold and rainy so we stayed home.

Saturday night we dropped the kids at Gram's house and went to dinner at Carrabba's-it was soooo good. Wine and good food was really what I needed. We then went to the movies and realized why we don't go to the movies on a Saturday night-dang it was crowded. I was bummed that our movie was sold out, they even had 2 showings at 7 but obviously all the teenager's there were buying it. Afterall it is only PG13 and has Vince Vaughn. We saw Zombieland, it was R so no teenagers, a plus in our eyes! You know your old when you become those people at the theater, ya know the ones who want to complain but don't because you don't want to be those people! anyways the movie was funny, gory but funny.

But dang the people there to see Paranormal Activity crazy! it was sold out for the night.

Sunday we were up bright and early to pick up the kids and head up to see our dog that is still at the trainers. We miss her so we all made the trip this weekend.

she was her normal spastic self and was happy to see everyone

We got back home and the day turned out to be sorta warm so we got a few things cleaned up outside and ready for winter, I was sad to take the hammock down. We love laying in it every afternoon. I brought some firewood in and last night we sat by the fire all night long-it was COLD! I woke up this morning to 29-WTH it is October not January.

Atleast it is suppose to be nice this week in the 70's so hopefully more like fall and not winter like the past few days. Maybe we will make it to the pumpkin patch.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just ordered a necklace from MN too! That girl is my friend Jennifers cousin. Neato.
The cake looks yummy!
Glad you had a good bday weekend.

Smoochiefrog said...

My stars that looks like a yummy cake! Hope you had a great birthday!

Bad Mommy said...

Happy belated Birthday! I suck at blog visiting, sorry. :) Looks like it was a great day.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Happy Birthday...I'll be 38 next week and am so not looking forward to it!

Cristin said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks fantastic!

Kurt and Samantha said...

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you had a great time, and that cake looks delish!

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday too! Your hubby sounds an awful like mine with the way he spends so much time on gifts:) Thank goodness Abby thinks everyone needs a birthday party- everyone deep down wants cake for their birthday!

Amber said...

Cute presents;) The necklace should be in soon!! Happy Birthday!!!