CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Recap

Well it was a nice week and weekend the weather was great most of the time, some real fall weather that we have been wanting so badly.

I had most of last week off due to one of the girls being sick and staying home. Wyatt got out of school early on Thursday so I ran some errands which included a trip to the Health Department-Yuck. They had gotten the H1N1 vacc in, so even though I was scared of the shot, I am more scared of them getting the virus and something terrible happening. A relatives perfectly healthy 12 yr old daughter died from the virus and that is what got me really thinking about getting the shot.

Wyatt has issues when he gets a small cold so no telling what this would do to him. He can not get the mist due to respiratory issues, so it was a shot for both of them. He was a real trooper and took it like a man, Abby on the other hand-she freaked the freak out! She was so good with her regular flu shot I didn't even hold her she sat there and took it, but I think she knew what was coming. I had to pin her down in my lap and hold her arm so the nurse could stab her, it was real fun-NOT!

So we did it and they had NO problem at all from it, Wyatt didn't even complain about his arm being sore like from the regular flu vacc we got a few weeks ago. Afterwards we headed to Sonic to get milk shakes for their bravery!

Saturday started off yucky, but I hoped we would see the sun and gladly the weather lady was right for once. There may have been some ugly emails sent if she had lied to me once again about the weather and telling me it was gonna be a nice day only to find out that the sun never makes an appearance.

We were off to the Pumpkin Patch, we went to a new one this year and it was fun. Muddy but fun. There were a few moments during the hay ride I was unsure if we would make it out of the mud!


They had alot of fun stuff for the kids to do and climb on


They also had a huge slide-the kids loved it and went down more than once


there was a small little patch


And a great "corn" maze. I say "corn" because it is actually sorghum which looks alot like corn. It ended up being the muddiest area of of the farm, but was alot of fun and a learning experience. In order to figure the maze out you had to answer questions. Wyatt did good and only took us the wrong direction once.


That evening we had a little bon fire out back and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows with some friends. They had never cooked hot dogs over a fire before! I couldn't believe it. It was a cold night but the fire kept the adults warm and the running around like maniacs kept the kids warm.



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun! I am hoping we make it this year. TIme goes by too fast!

Kurt and Samantha said...

Looks like you all had a great time. we have yet to go b/c I can't keep my child well, maybe we will find a healthy child and time to go soon.