CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In training

As alot of you know we are a hunting family-well he hunts I just cook it:) Wyatt got to go on his first hunt last year and can't wait to go back this year. Well warm up for deer season has began here and just like pretty much everything else daddy and Wyatt do Abby has to be a part of it.

The other day Shane and Wyatt got their bows out and Abby wanted in on the fun. Shane got out Wyatt's old bow and strung it up for her. She was hilarious and loved every minute of it. I try my hardest to make her a girly girl but I must realize that she will be more of a tomboy if daddy and Wyatt have anything to do with it:)

Giving his girl a quick lesson


notice she hit the target


Here is daddy's boy doing it old school because that is how they roll-just a stick and string for them, none of all that craziness you see these days.


I promise we aren't as redneck as this looks:) we just love living off the land. You would be amazed how much grocery money you save when you don't ever buy red meat from the grocery because you have a freezer full of venison.


6 comments:

Cindy said...

I have a VERY good feeling that our little girl will be doing the same thing with her daddy!

Tabi said...

Yep my hubby has already had my older two out there teaching them to shoot! All the safety rules and all that jazz!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh dont be ashamed, just admit it, you are red. :-)
Wyatt better watch out, his little sister may be the star hunter one day.

Kurt and Samantha said...

It looks like Wyatt has got competition, he better watch out!

Bad Mommy said...

Just can't get past the Bambi thing Joy. ;)

In all seriousness, if you gave me deer and told me it was cow, I would probably love it.

jenn said...

Great photos. Abby is so cute with the bow.