CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation Wrapup

So I have tried to go thru the over 400 pictures that I took and I think I have weeded out the good ones.

I guess I will start with the wildlife portion of our trip. When went out on the boat a couple of days and snorkeled and fished in the bay. The kids absolutely loved every minute of it, I have to admit I was a bit shocked when they spent 8 hrs out the first day.
(Click the pictures to make them bigger)

On that first trip we found starfish, sand dollars, 2 different puffer fish, sea horses, some big snail thing, blue crabs and while fishing lots of different things were caught including sharks (they were little so no one was in danger of being eaten) oh and a little FYI the scallops and crabs tasted delicious!

Oh and Abby got to drive the boat! We did learn that she shouldn't be a boat captain any time soon, but she does LOVE to go fast.

We went out crab hunting at night more than once, Wyatt was very good at catching those little white guys running across the sand. When we got back we were greeted by our pet who we named Armie:)

The kids just loved him and he must of had some sort of fondness for them since he was outside our house on more than one night when we came back from the beach.

On Saturday we drove to Apalachicola to eat a late lunch and on the way home we saw this guy.

He was just hanging out in a flooded ditch til some guy decided to go all crocodile hunter and jump him. The kids really have zero fear, I just stressed the fact of that the alligator is definitely big enough to take a finger off so stay away from those sharp teeth.

Oh and the best one IMO would have to be the Manatee. We had not been out of the ocean for 20 minutes and Shane was sitting and saw him coming and called me down to the water. I was a bit scared as to what this HUGE black spot could be, but then it got in front of us and it stuck it's big nose up. I took a pic but I will save you the searching for the black spot in the ocean, but trust me it was awesome.

We ate lots of yummy food at our favorite spots.


One night we had a fire on the beach and the kids played with some sparklers left over from the 4th



Wyatt really mastered boogie boarding this year and spent most of his time in the ocean doing that, Abby also loved doubling with Shane or I and catching a wave:)

Yes he is that cool that he boogie boards with his sunglasses on!



Ok so I think that is enough for now I will go thru some more and share them later.

6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Looks like so much fun :)

I love summers on the beach and in the boat!

Tabi said...

Oh! It looks like you guys are having so much fun!!

Elizabeth said...

The kids look so big in these pics, especially Wyatt. I think hes grown like 2 feet since I saw him.
Looks like you all had a great time!

Bad Mommy said...

Ohmygod, is that a giant rat. You nearly made me pee myself! ;)

The beach (and the fire) look phenomenal. I wanna go too.
Now.

Jodee said...

I totally didn't know you could touch Ms. Puff without getting hurt! I think that had to be the best part for them to see all those sea creatures and touch them.....I have never got to do something like that before! And Wyatt is just the coolest thing out there with his boogie board and sunglasses- Mr. Cool! That was a cool vacation to the beach, out of the ordinary! Way to go- finding all that stuff for your kids to do that was fun!

Heather and Jason said...

Fun times. I cant believe the kids would touch all those sea creatures!!