CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

8 years ago today

This day I Married my Best Friend
The one I Laugh with, Live for, Dream with, Love.

8 yrs ago today Shane and I said "I do". We had met 5 1/2 yrs earlier on Christmas night. We were in high school and I had turned 16 just 2 mths before and he had just turned 18 days before.

Over the many years we have been thru many things together. We have been there for each other thru the good times and the bad times. I hope to have many more good times with him. That day we vowed to love each other forever and I hope that one day when it is time for our children to make those same vows to the one they love they will look back at out marriage as an example of how it should be. He is a wonderful father, husband and provider. I love to watch him spend time with his son teaching him to play baseball and doing all the "boy" stuff with him. Then to see him snuggling with his little girl watching a princess movie.

I went thru some very old and not so old pictures and made a slide show of our years together, it really was funny to look back on it all and to see how much we have changed and grown together.

9 comments:

mommyof2angels said...

Congrats from a fellow Cafemom! I hope you have many more happy years together!!

Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, talk about looking like kids!! The pics of you guys from high school you can really see Wyatt in Shane and Abby in you. That was great! Happy Anniversary!

Denise said...

Congrats Joy! Beautiful post and a great slideshow!

Heather and Jason said...

Happy Anniversary! I still remember your beautiful wedding.

Kathy said...

Wow that's crazy to watch you guys grow up in a slideshow! You both looked so little in the first ones! Super cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was great. I can't believe how young you guys were. I need to make one of these.

Lisa

Elizabeth said...

In response to your last comment on my blog, it doesnt take much to look "skinny" when standing next to someone who is 34 weeks pregnant. Thanks though. :-)

Grammy said...

WOW!!! Loved watching all the pictures---you and Shane have always been a cute couple and now you are an adorable family. Love to you all and God's richest blessing. Amy Shepherd

jenn said...

Happy anniversary! I enjoyed the slide show. You guys looked like babies in the highschool pictures. (Guess that means I'm getting old.)