CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday

I thought I would try something new today and jump in with Shelly & her Music Monday.


I've heard this song a few times but over the weekend while driving to Target with the kiddos in tow it came on, and it really hit home for me. See I have only lived in 2 places this house and my house growing up. So I really do have "The House that Built Me". It saw me thru alot of good and bad times and I have tons of memories there. Some better than others, for instance Shane and I's first kiss happened there.

My dad sold the house a few years ago and so now strangers live there. I have driven past it many times to show the kids and just to see what it looks like but have never stopped.

Oh and Wyatt also informed me while we were listening to it that he knows the little girl that plays Miranda in the video, so I had to watch the video to see her and yep I recognized her from his school.

Miranda Lambert "The House That Built Me"



6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I LOVE this song!! I have played it over and over again :)

Thank you for playing along today

Tabi said...

I haven't heard this song before! I really like it, what a sweet song!

Little Mochi said...

Beautiful song! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Im still waiting for the snake post!!

Laurie said...

Sorry girl, I would have emailed that to you but I don't know how to do that from here! I need your email!! Nice update!!! hahaha

Lainey-Paney said...

...I really like the song too.

...there's just something about thinking about the house I grew up in....the one where my parents were still married, and my biggest worries had to do with what I was going to wear on a Saturday night date....
Oh, to just have one of those days back again...