CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

We need a rewind on Sunday

yea it was a pretty craptastic Sunday. It started bad with Shane needing 6 stitches and ended ever worse with a trip to the ER.

I am proof that there is a good reason for a recent law. Texting/driving-NO NO


This is the result one one very stupid lady. I had been behind her and watched her swerving all over the place, I had passed her a while back. I got to my neighborhood stopped to turn in and saw her coming and could tell she was NOT slowing down, I hit the gas to turn to try to get away from her but she caught my back drivers side. I spun and ended up in a front yard facing the opposite direction from what I was going.


But little did we know that Shane's accident would be a blessing in disguise. See I had to go to the grocery yesterday and had planned on doing it with both children because he was not gonna be home. But while helping the farmer where he hunts he was cut and had to go get stitched up. Thus leading to him being home and me going to the grocery store alone. I am NEVER alone at the grocery, Abby always goes with me, I just am thanking God that she was not in the car with me when this happened.

I am OK just really sore today, I did go to the ER last night and got all check out with xrays and a CT of my head, since something had knocked me in the head-what I have no clue. I was wearing my seat belt and I know this is the reason I was not injured more seriously, my driver's seat was somehow broken.

so now the question of the day is What kind of car do I want:)


7 comments:

Meichelle said...

I am so glad you are okay. I am so frustrated with dumb drivers and texting. I hope you heal fast!

Kurt and Samantha said...

Glad to hear that you are ok and that God was with you. You and Shane had a rough weekend. I am assuming that your van is totaled, so happy car shopping!!

Cristin said...

Glad you're ok. And SCORE on the solo shopping trip! I never get that!

My dream vehicle would be a Toyota Highlander.

McAngie said...

Wow, Joy! So glad your ok. Blessings do come in disguise, good thing she wasn't with you. So are you going to go all mini van this time or some new hot rod? LOL!

Elizabeth said...

So glad you were not badly injured and that the kids were not with you!!
Good luck dealing with the hassle of it all. Hope it all works out to your advantage. :-)

Christie@MommyDrinksBecauseYouCry said...

Scary! What a rough time. It's amazing how important some people think a single text is. PUT DOWN THE PHONE!!! I hate driving with my kids because so many people scare the crap outta me.
Hope you are feeling better!

jenn said...

Glad you are okay and that the kids weren't with you. Hope you're feeling better.