CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wordful Wednesday-bathroom makeover

When we moved into our house almost 11yrs ago (wow can't believe it's been that long) there were lots and I mean LOTS of project that had to be done and over the years we have gotten them all done and some we have done multiple times. The front bathroom is just such a room. When we bought it there was hideous wallpaper so we set off to remove it and it was a Nightmare!! After giving up and shutting the door for almost 2mths cause I just couldn't take working on it anymore while working 50+hrs a week and planning a wedding. Finally we broke down and got it done one weekend. Then the kids came along and I changed it, then kids got bigger and I decided it needed another redo.

A few weeks ago we set out to get it done, after some money dropped at Target and Lowe's we had all we needed. Shane had to do alot of work on the walls from the original wallpaper incident. This involved lots of spackle and lots of sanding, which is very noisy and very dusty. I am also pretty positive it was exactly the cause of this post about the inturder. I have a theory that he was disturbed and came up from under the house. I don't know but let's hope getting picked up by kitchen tongs and thrown out the front door made him learn his lesson and he will stay far away.

So after all the mess and me freaking out over the snake and being scared another would be waiting for me in the towels under the cabinet, it got done. We love how it turned out.

I found this rug and shower curtain and went from there

yea, yea the curtain is wrinkled don't judge

I painted the walls a light blue and until we can find a new vanity we love and can afford we decided to just paint the one we have brown. I also painted the cubby thing we had on the wall for towels and such the same brown. We replace the light fixture, got a new mirror, curtain rod and towel ring.


In the end it was fairly quick and mostly painless (if you forget the whole snake thing)

want more wordful posts? Go see Angie




6 comments:

Kurt and Samantha said...

Love your new renovation!! great job, just keep those snakes out:)

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

It looks very nice I love those two colors together!


Found you through Seven Clown Circus WW Link!

Colleen
www.shibleysmiles.com

Come Link up your WW!

Shell said...

It looks great! Love the colors.

Elizabeth said...

Love it. It looks great. You need to come help me do mine. :)

Semi-Slacker Mom said...

I still would have had to move! But the bathroom looks great. I love brown & lt. blue together.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

The bathroom looks great! We just moved into our place a couple weeks ago. Wanna come and help me decorate my bathroom? lol
Thanks so much for stopping by. It's great to be back in bloggyland.

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama